SIAP, acronym in Spanish of Parliamentary Information Management System, is a Trade Mark of CRC Information Technologies. Is the first computing solution that integrates the Parliament activity management, using high-end data bases, bringing the highest levels of security, reliability and availability.
The promotion of SIAP SIAP in several Parliaments of the Spanish State, Autonomous Communities, Latin American countries and other countries, is endorsed by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, School of Telecommunication Engineering, – through Fundetel -, and by Companies Cronos Ibérica y Oracle.
SIAP comprises a series of modules to plan a gradual implementation, which makes technology transfer easier, and guarantees an excellent advantage. These modules can work independently or strongly integrated. In this way, the information introduced in one module can be used in the other modules to facilitate the work.
You can download all the information related to SIAP in PDF format at:
Solutions and Advantages of SIAP (White Paper)
SIAP more relevant modules and applications are the following:
- Module A. Parliamentary Records. This module includes the necessary functionality to record incoming or outgoing parliamentary and/or administrative documents, in each registry of a Parliament. Among other information, the SIAP is able to gather number, date and time of records, authors and recipients of documents, the purpose of the documents, their relation with initiatives or parliamentary files, and a full digitalized image of the documents.
- Module B. Superior Organisms. This module manages the activity of the decision-making entities of a Parliament. It has three sublevels: Congressmen (Module B.1), Spokespersons Committee (Module B.2) and Plenary Session (Module B.3). Among other functions, SIAP can specify the agenda of every meeting in the different bodies, the people attending each meeting, gather deliberations and agreements and create minutes and resolutions. In the integrated mode is also available the automated management of the work flow of all issues treated by these organs.
- Module C. Parliamentary Commissions. Includes three sub-modules, dedicated to manage the activities of the different congressional committees (Module C.1), the Committee’s’ Sessions (Module C.2) and the Opinions (Module C.3). Among other functions, SIAP can monitor the information related to agendas, minutes, resolutions and judgments issued by the different bodies of the Parliamentary Commissions, as well as the automated structure of legislative initiatives for the Opinions (described in Application A3).
- Module D. Budget Bill. This module is an application for Parliamentary Groups to facilitate the draft of amendments for the Budget Bill. This module gathers all the information of the Bill and the status of expenses and incomes, and offers the information to the congressman in an easy way, and generates automatically the amendment documents. Its integration with Modules C & F automatizes to a great extent the work of the Budget Committee and the publication in the Bill Bulletin, and the amendments submitted by the Parliamentary Groups.
- Module E. Parliamentary Archive. This module manages all types of archives that comprise the Parliamentary Archive, paying special attention to the management of open archives. Its integration with the rest of the system makes possible the automation of most of the work of a filing clerk, since we can create and automatically manage main and secondary archives, topographic signatures, and the integration of digitalized documents in the format of photographs, maps, scanned documents, videos and audio.
- Module F. Parliamentary Publications. This module prepares in a partially automated way the Parliament Official Bulletin, the different Gazettes, and the organization of all the information related to this type of publications, integrating to this effect Modules B and C.
- Module G. Drafts of Gazettes. Organizes the drafts of the gazettes of the different parliamentary sessions. Works in combination with Module H to offer Congressmen the possibility to check the Drafts and request corrections through Internet or through the Parliamentary Intranet.
- Module H. Internet/Parliamentary Intranet. As a result of all the information stored in the Information System by the rest of the modules, Web pages are dynamically generated that offer information in real time of the Parliament activity. With this module we can make searches in the records (Module A), check for Calls, Minutes and Archives of the different Parliamentary Bodies (Modules B and C), check the Drafts of the different Gazettes and request corrections (Module G), request documents to the Parliamentary Archive (Module E) and check the different parliamentary publications (Module F). All of this, controlled with different privilege and permission settings, depending on the type of user.
SIAP also includes, apart from these functional modules, the following Auxiliary Applications:
- Application A1. Configuration of lists and parameters. This application is intended for use by the system administrator. With this application you can easily configure lists of values, system’s parameters and authorized users.
- Application A2. Occupations’ Management. This application offers the user a user-friendly interface through which all bodies related to the Parliament activity are configured. Among these bodies, we can mention, the different Parliamentary Bodies, Commissions, Parliamentary Groups, the Parliament staff, Congressmen, and all external people or bodies related to the Parliament. In this way, key information is stored for all SIAP modules, such as the author or recipient of a document, recipients of Resolutions, people attending the different sessions, users of the Intranet system, etc.
- Application A3. Structuring of Legislative Initiatives. This application makes an automatic structuring of legislative initiatives. Amendments submitted are aligned together with the PL or PROPL they refer to. To that effect, SIAP creates a two-column copybook similar to the one used in the Opinions.
- Application A4. Images and Scanner Manager. This application digitalizes documents, so that SIAP modules are able to preview the corresponding images. Besides scanning and previewing documents, you can manipulate images to add texts, underline or change the format, the resolution level, etc.
All SIAP functionality is protected through a complete security system based on individual secret passwords to identify at all times the user and offer him/her the information that he/she is authorized to check.
Technologically speaking, SIAP has been conceived taking into account the possibility of implementing it on a multi-tier architecture, as a client/server application (two-tier architecture) or as a set of Java applets executing them against an application server (three-tier architecture).
The system has been conceived and designed to be optimally implanted on an Oracle platform, either on Windows or Unix.